Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009

What a great day today....watching Joshua and Brad wash the car - each spraying each other with the hose. The love they share is amazing. As I embark on a mission trip to Kenya in a few weeks, Joshua is drawing closer to mommy... so today, as I watch out the window at Brad and Joshua - I know he will be just fine while I'm gone.

We were commissioned at church today - two teams to Kenya. (small break)... I was just called outside by Brad for Joshua who was "crying"... yea, right... as I entered outside in the garage, I was met with a spray from the hose....by none other than Joshua! Now I'm even more convinced these two will be fine without me for 12 days. ... Anyway, our trip is July 9th and we're very excited. Joshua and Nanna came up to the alter to pray for me during the commissioning -- what a great sight to see him approach the alter at 3 1/2 years old. On the way home out of the blue he asked, "Mommy, why are you going to Kenya." I replied to share the love of Jesus with people around the world. Wow what a great kid. "Do I get to go with?".... "No, my son, not this trip"...."but you do get to go to Grandma and Pappa's"... and for that moment, he was happy and ok with me leaving. Pappa's is a very special place. We pray that Lauren will be home soon to be able to experience many trips to Grandma and Pappa's house.

Gotta go.... I've just been official invited to join outside in a game of "spray".... can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment