Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's like Christmas and I can't sleep

I remember as a kid the night before Christmas not being able to sleep.  My mind racing on all the neat things I might be getting from my parents.  We didn't have a lot growing up, but Christmas was special and more than anything it was the surprise and the unknown that just kept me so excited the night before. 

Well, tonight after getting home late after a meeting, we had a message on our answering machine about an 18-month old girl.  The message was from our agency, and that's about all it said.  Well, our agency is in Oregon, so we have a 3 hour difference in time zones.  We called backing hoping to catch our agency contact, but had to leave a message.  So of course, I couldn't sleep when I went to bed....finally dozed a bit and now it's 3:30 am and I'm awake thinking of this little girl and the possibilities of her.... waiting with great anticipation, not knowing her name, or her medical history...nothing about her but her age.  So it's just like Christmas and I can't sleep :) 

I know God has something wonderful in store for us.  The gift of life is one of God's most amazing mysteries - and this little gift will be by far the most amazing Christmas gifts of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment